Thursday, November 18, 2010

Meeting the Community


Today I went out and painted by the train station in West Medford. It was a great sunny day with just a little wind. I met no one at first because I was feeling shy. After a while I began to say hi to folks and telling them what I was doing. I was happy to get one man named Joseph to paint with me. He is a photographer and was on his way to Boston to take photos. At first he didn't want to paint however after we talked for about 15 minutes he did paint a little cross walk that goes over the train tracks. Below is a picture of him painting.

I also met a woman with a baby, a woman with two dogs, a videographer, and a young woman with a guitar. I gave them all my card with the blog so I hope they follow me and join up next time. It was nice to meet you all and thanks for taking interest. I hope some of you can participate soon.


My next painting time and location will be Friday 10:00 at the same train station stop in West Medford. I am going to set up so I can paint the little red house the train man sits in. I will bring an extra painting supplies so come on down and get to know the folks in your community.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Allison,
    I'm the Videographer you met this morning. It was nice chatting with you and I'm sorry I didn't have an opportunity to paint. Keep up the good work! I'll do my best to follow you and say hello if I see you painting in the neighborhood again.

    Best of luck!
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ali:

    Looks like you are having a great time with your new blog! Good for you...will be nice to be able tyo keep up with you and your painting over the miles!

    Keep up the great work and the painting, you are a great artist =)

    Love you!

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Beth! Check out the video I posted of Casey painting.

    ReplyDelete